Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gardeners's Tales

This season the ECGS is proud to share 'Gardeners' Tales' written by members of the Anderson Park Community Garden.  This week's feature gardener is Jennifer Medd:

This year ECGS members donated 28 kilos of tomatoes to Victoria's Rainbow Kitchen (http://www.rainbowkitchen.ca)
"Anyone else renting in Esquimalt? With no place to garden where you live? That's been my situation for a while now so I am really pleased to have a plot at the Anderson Park Community Garden. It's a good place to garden because the raised beds have really good soil, there is water and there is a deer fence. The veggies are great to have - I even think that I'm saving on my food bills although the fresh full taste of home-grown veggies probably can't be valued in dollars.  And at first that was it - I went there a couple of times a week and had good food as a result. But gradually I am meeting some of my fellow gardeners, learning from them some better ways to grow food, and enjoying the work bees when we can work together. I'm looking forward to being part of this small community within Esquimalt."

No comments:

Post a Comment