- Identify native plants
- Review the benefits of native plants
- Teach how and where to grow native plants
- Offer tips for reducing or eliminating lawns
- Inform how to create special natural habitats, such as meadows, thickets, woodlands
- Discuss how to attract wildlife to the garden
- Include an informative tour of the native plant garden
- Review of CRD conservation programs
Instructor: Patricia Johnston, Native Plant & Waterwise consultant.
Each workshop is limited to 18 participants and pre-registration is required. Please call Swan Lake at 250.479.0211 to register. Workshops are held in the Spring and Fall."
Please see this link for the schedule and more resources